Skip to main content

Dark Healer Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Dark Healer Conquering the War


On Sundays at noon

Stage for decisive battle was in the ruins of arena on outskirts of favela.

It was said that in the past, spectacle shows were held here where poor people would openly kill each other.

As the neighboring State of Malavar grew stronger and stronger, and demi humans were sent to guard borders, custom was no longer practiced, and the molten-covered colosseum was now quietly telling about the past history.

Such an arena was bustling with the enthusiasm of the past today.

Located on three sides were three great demi-human powers that dominated favela.

The lizardman who had hard scales glistened in the sun.

The werewolf whose fur fluttered and groaned fiercely.

The orcs that moved their powerful bodies.

They looked at each other and shouted loudly.

"You really dare to bother coming here only to get killed. Today I will clarify who is at the top."

It's Lizardman. Zophia the Gale, black hair like a storm blowing in the wind, raised her voice.

"What a joke. I'll try to hold back with you guys."

At forefront of Warwolf, Linga the Tyrant howled.

"Do you think you guys can really surpass Orcs? Today is a day to celebrate your deaths."

Lev the Stronge arm, accompanied by numerous Orcs, crosses her arms and declares in a high-pitched voice.

Atmosphere shook violently, giving little sign that catastrophe was coming.

And bell that indicates noon rang.

At this moment, three powers shot out at the same time--

"Wait a minute!"

Just before group collided, a man's voice sounded as if it was breaking air.

In the arena audience seats. Standing at the back light was a black haired man in a black robe.

A petite elf girl accompanied him by his side.

"…… Sensei"

"Zenos-dono"

"Zenos, huh?"

Three group leaders raised their faces and said so.

But they didn't stop at all.






“You came to stop fighting, right? I admire that, but I won't stop."

"Yes, me too. I adore you, Zenos, but I can't stop it anymore.”

"Oh. I will do whatever you say, but you must forgive me for this."

“How about this Zenos? They won't stop even if Zenos says something. ”

A panicked and anxious Lily at my side, I flatly said to the three.

"Oh, I know. I didn't come to stop the fighting."

"Eh?"

"I not nly grow up in this poor city. I know you can't go back easily."

Since the beginning, lizardmen, werewolf, and orcs have long been vying for supremacy in the favelas.

It is a history of constant clashes and memories of pent up resentment. 

They beat each other, they kick each other, they shoot at each other, they kill each other

Between three peoples, there are complex and intertwined feelings that cannot be put into words. 

The confrontation between the women over Zenos is only a superficial trigger, but underneath lies a history of accumulated resentment between their races. There is always a tense atmosphere between three that could erupt at any time.

“It's not like I have the right to interfere in such a situation. I'm just a dark healer, that's all.”

"Zenos, but...”

Lili was puzzled, but I continue.

"So go ahead and do it. I'm here to tell you that."

"Eh......?"

Contrary to Lily's surprise, there leaders stared at each other with murderous glare.

“Sensei confirmed it. Let's do it firsthand. How about the last one standing get sensei?"

"I'm in. It's as if Linga has won."

"I will be the one to take Zenos chastity."

"Zenos, that's true...?"

"No, I didn't make such a promise, right?"

The moment Zenos trying to make a denial to Lili--

Uoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Three forces collided in the center of the arena.

It's couldn't stop.

It's couldn't stop.

Lili couldn't help but cover her eyes at the spiraling regret and the horrific scene.

But--

But, but...

It won't end.

The battle never ends.

Even after several hours had passed, battle showed no signs to end.

There sides remained evenly matched, with neither a winner nor a loser being decided, and time was running out. 

The sun in the middle of sky tilted to west, and sky took on a burning red tinge.

Only a dull exhaustion was accumulating in their body, and crowded battle gradually stalled.


"Why? I can't beat it at all."

"Damn it, I hit they, I hit they, and they keeps getting up."

"I should have beaten more than thirty people, why?"

"In the first place, How come we haven't lost any enemies after all this?"

"In fact, actually--"

"Since when was the wound... healed??"

At that moment.

All eyes in the arena turned to the man standing on the bleachers.

"... I told you. I have no intention of stopping the fight. Just do it. Just Ignore me."

I said it back and crossed my arms.

"But you are also my patients, so if you get injured, you'll heal yourself. Because I'm a dark healer."

The words disappeared.

The sound disappeared.

The heat disappeared.

The arena was surrounded by silence as if time had stopped.

"... I see. I'm so absorbed in myself that I'm sick of my stupidity that I noticed this time. Does that mean that sensei has been doing his job all the time?"

Zophia the Gale sat down and shook her shoulders.

"But I've never heard of this number of people healing at the same time for such a long time..."

Linga the Tyrant mutters stunned and kneels on her knees.

She said, 

"You said you wouldn't support any particular force, but...... I didn't expect you to support all of them. But this is not the end of the story..."

Lev the Stronge Arm said, breathing on her shoulder.

"Yes. There will be no end. You hit. Others will retaliate. You get kicked. Others will retaliate. There is no end. Do you want to continue? If that's the case, I'll go along with you all the way. Of course, I'll make sure you pay for your treatment."

"..."

"..."

"..."

After a long silence, three female leaders laughed at same time.

"Haha...... hahaha. That's true. There's no end in sight, so what the hell were we doing?"

"...... Suddenly I feel ridiculous. I'm just getting tired of doing this."

"Hahahaha. After all this rampage, it's kind of a relief."

They hit as hard as they could. The other hit their as hard as they could.

They howled from the bottom of they stomach. They screamed until they was satisfied.

They let out all anger, resentment, hatred, and festering heat that had settled deep inside their body.

Deadly atmosphere that had covered arena had disappeared cleanly.

Three female chieftains sighed shallowly and looked up at the sunset sky.

"...... can't be helped. Sensei says so, so I guess we're done for the day."

"Werewolf has no objection."

"Forgiveness is strength. It's an old orc saying."

The men of each race, who had given their all, began to congratulate each other on their good performance.

Three women looked at each other and relaxed their mouths.

"Now there's only one reason for us to fight in the future."

"Linga one step ahead."

"That's the one fight we can't afford to lose."



"What are they talking about,......?"

"Muu~~. You really are Zenos.."

Lily puffs out her cheeks for some reason.

"But why is Zenos doing this?"

"Oh, a healer I met when I was in the favela told me. A healer I met when I was in the favelas told me that a healer is third-rate when they heals injuries, second-rate when they heals people, and first-rate when they sets the world straight."

"That person is amazing."

"That is. So I thought I'd do my part to make the favelas a little better."

"Zenos, you're cool......."

"That's just a pretext."

"Pretext"?

"After all, they're clients of a clinic that never sees the light of day. I can't afford to lose them over something so trivial."

"...... Liar."

Lili said in a small voice.

If three races got along, there would be no more injuries from skirmishes and less income.

It was impossible for her not to understand that.

Lili grabbed Zenos sleeve tightly.

"Hey, Zenos."

"What is it?"

"Lily loves Zenos."

"What? I like Lili, too."

"Muuu~~........ That's not like lily mean."

"Then what like you mean?"

"No, Nothing."

Zenos turned on his heel on the spot.


"Well, get your money and go home, Lily."

"You're getting paid."

"Of course. It's not easy to keep healing this many people. I'll take what I can get."

"Hmm, Carmilla, will she be sad if no one dies?"

"Maybe. That's no problem."

"......, but she'll probably be pleased. Ehehehe."

Thus, a single dark healer ended a series of conflicts in the favelas. 

This event would also change the future of Zenos, the banished healer.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog