Skip to main content

Dark Healer Chapter 15

Chapter 15 : The Star right in front of you.


"I have come to the favelas with a secret mission."

Afterwards, Krishna sat down at the table in the back with natural movements and said that.

I don't want to turn her away too strongly and have her ask strange questions, so Zenos has no choice but to listen to what she has to say.

I asked Lili to put up a yellow flag on the roof so that we wouldn't run into other perople. It's a signal to existing customers to stay away from us because of the abnormal situation.

"By the way, is it safe to tell a stranger about your secret mission?"

"The secret mission is to find and capture a certain person."

"You realy didn't hesitate to tell me."

Is this another one of those who doesn't listen to people......?

Krishna continues with a blank expression on her face.

"It's can be help. It's not an easy thing to find, it seems. If I don't disclose some information, I won't be able to get your cooperation."

"I never said I'd cooperate."

"It's your duty as a citizen to cooperate with the Royal Guard Division. Besides, you're probably bored in retirement anyway."

"We...Well."

I couldn't tell her that I was a dark healer, so I had to nod vaguely.

"Actually, I'm looking for someone in particular.."

"Hoou...."

"But so far, they have not been caught in the net of the Royal Guard Division at all. That means they are hiding in inconspicuous places, just like you. It is said that To find a snake you need a snake. I was wondering if you, being in a similar situation, might have heard something."

"Who the hell are you looking for?"

Krishna brought her face closer to me and whispered to because she aware of the surrounding environment

" "The Mediator"-- the man who ended the demi-human war in the favelas."

"~Gofu."

I squirts out my tea.

"What's wrong?"

"No, it's nothing."

I wiped the desk and quietly held my head, and Carmilla peeked out from the ceiling panel.

She has a tremendously excited look on her face. I'm not sure what to say. 

Krishna made a clenched fist.

"I thought it was impossible to end the demi-human war, Indeed, the favelas had changed dramatically. As the keeper of order, I couldn't leave someone with such influence behind."

"I... I see... Well, calm down."

"However, there was no sign that he would even show up when I threatened the importan demi human. Apparently, he is also skilled at controlling people's minds. I can only say that he is a pawn of evl."

"Pawn of evil....."

I'm just a humble dark healer, and I've been told I'm terrible one.

"Anyway, I have to find the mediator, even if it means splitting the grassroots."

"I don't think you have to force yourself to find him......."

"Eh?"

"Eh?"

I cleared my throat.

"No, it's......, so he may not want to be out in the open, he may not want to be seen, and it's best to leave him alone."

"Dont tell me... You know who the mediator is!"

"I don't know. It's just a hunch. HAHAHA"

In front of me, who echoes a vacant laugh, is Krishna with an expression as hard as stone.

In the background, there was Lily, looking pale and frightened, and Carmilla, her cheeks puffed up as she tried her best to hold back her laughter.

It was quite a hellish space.

"You can't just leave him alone. He's a big man with the power to unite the favelas. He could eventually become the standard-bearer of the dissidents and a threat to the nation."

Krishna said in a grave tone, and suddenly Lily interrupted her from the side.

"May...Maybe he's not thinking that far."

"........... What do you mean?"

"The person is...... a bit fussy about money and money, but Lily thinks that he really just doesn't like it when people get hurt in front of him."

"Lily...."

I'm not sure if it was a dig or a compliment.

It wasn't a huge disappointment.

On Childhood.

In the heavy rain.

From the palms of my muddy hands.

The feeling of life spilling out of my hands came back to my mind. 

Krishna was silent for a moment, then peered intently at Lily with her blue eyes. 

"Dont tell me, the little elf knew about the Mediator?."

"I, I, I, I don't know. Lily, don't know anything."

Lili looked in the opposite direction and started whistling, "Puh-puh-puh-puh.

She's not very good at lying, is she?

"That guy is a powerful person in the underworld. I know it's not easy to even catch a shadow.."

Good, I can be relieved..

It's not just a shadow, though, the main body is right in front of you right now.

It's...... not good. I'm not sure what to do.

I'm not sure what to make of it.

"Well, that's it. I'm done talking. I'll give you directions to the city, and then you'd better be on your way."

"What's with the rush?"

"You have an important mission. You shouldn't waste your time for me."

"Well, you're right."

Krishna stood up grudgingly and turned on her heel, "Well then, I will go now."

I exhaled, "Good grief."

I was exhausted, but it looked like she would finally be leaving.

But Krishna, who was heading for the door, suddenly stopped in her step.

"By the way,...... why is there a bed here?"

The words sounded even lower than she already were.

In the entrance room, there was a bed for a patient.

As a medicial business, it was not decorated like a clinic, but it was certainly a bit unnatural to call it a bedroom.

Has she been detected as a dark healer?

I thought of an excuse as soon as possible.

"Ye Yeah, that's an extra bed I had sitting there, ready to be thrown away."

"What you said...."

Krishna turned, slowly.

I sat up faintly and braced myself.

"Then I'm sorry, but can you let me use this bed?."

"...... Eh?"

"I was actually wondering about finding a base of operations. It's too far from home to go to the favela for investigation purposes, and since I'm working on a secret mission, it would be too conspicuous to stay at a lodging facility in town. However, this place is not only close to the favelas, but also completely inconspicuous. It's the perfect hiding place for an investigation."

"Rejected."

"Why?"

"Eh.. Why you said...?"

"If you want to throw it, there should be no great loss to you. Of course, I'll pay you a gratuity out of the investigation fee."

Krishna closed in to me.

"Or is there something wrong with me staying here when you are in retirement?"

It's hard to say that there is nothing but inconvenience.

Behind Krisna, the Royal Guards, the guardians of the capital, were waiting. There's no way I won't be spoted if I refuses.

I want to spend an hour thinking about where I went wrong, but I'll reflect on that later.

For now, I'll let her stay for the night, and while she's here, I'll have to figure out how to fix it.





"Thank you for your cooperation, Zenos-shi. I will make sure that the root of all evil, the mediator, is found and captured. Until then, I'm sorry, but I'm counting on you."

I nodded, and Krishna, with straight eyes, held out her hand to me.

I'm, the Mediator, had been upgraded from a pawn of evil to the root of all evil.

"And so, as usual, the number of troublesome women in the clinic increased."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog