Skip to main content

Dark Healer Chapter 14

Chapter 14 : Krishna coming.


"Is this really a favela......?"

The Demi-Human war has ended... Krishna, the deputy division commander, was told this information by the commander of the Royal Guard Division, but she couldn't believe her eyes when she stepped into the favela.   

Lizardmen and werewolf were rubbing shoulders and laughing at each other.

The 
werewolf and orcs were in a friendly circle.

Orcs and lizardmen were drinking together.


The tense, dark and stagnant air that had covered the entire city seemed to have been completely removed.

"It's not...... true, is it?"

Her throat became dry.

There are rumors of a "mediator" that ended the war between the three races.

Before She came here, She thought it was impossible, but the scene before her was enough to prove it

"Hey there. Can I have a word?

Krishna called for the lizardmen who were smoking waterpipe on the side of the road.

In order not to be recognized as a Royal Guard, you can disguise yourself as a rag-covered resident.

"What is it, nee-chan?"

"Nee-chan......, well, no matter. I have not been back to the favelas in a long time, but the atmosphere seems to have changed quite a bit from before."

"Is that so?"

"You seem to be getting along quite well with the werewolf and orcs, don't you?"

"Yeah. They're good people to hang out with."

"I seem to remember you all didn't get along so well before."

"Maybe we were."

"What's going on?"

"Oh, that's..."


As he was about to say it, the lizardman closed his mouth.

He turned his back on Krishna and walked away.  

"Sorry. I don't know who you are, but I'm not gonna tell you. I'm not going to talk to you. I don't want to stand out."

"Not to stand out.......?"

"See you later, nee-chan."

"Wait."

Krishna spun around, pulled out the magic gun on her hip and placed the muzzle to the man's stomach.

"Let's talk about it."

"Wha... What the hell are you......?"

"Don't say anything else. Just tell me what I want to know. "Who's the mediator?" "

"I.. I'm not going to tell you."

"What?

"He's been a big help to me, you know. Even if I get shot, I won't talk!."

"Apparently, the 
mediator is quite popular. Who the hell is that?

"My, my head!"

She not sure what to make of it.

In the corner of Krishna's eye, she saw two lizardmen sisters walking briskly.

--Zofia the Gale and her brother, Zonde.

Then, Krishna ran out of the narrow alley at the side.

The two siblings seemed to be passing by accident, but it was not a good idea to fight each other in the other's territory.

--No, more than that........

-The two arms that should have been injured had fully recovered. When their bandits had snuck into the Special Zone before, they must have wounded them to a level where healing was impossible.


"What the hell is going on here......?"


Krishna ran thoughtfully through the alleys, circling--and getting lost.

+++



"I feel chills."

In the abandoned town's clinic, Zenos shuddered. 

It was a rare day when the three demi-human were not here, and it was a peaceful afternoon.

As he waited patiently for Lily to make a cup of tea in the back, the door slowly opened.


"......?

There stood a woman clad in rags cloak.

However, despite her dirty appearance, her beautiful blond hair and blue eyes gave off a hint of nobility.

Before He could ask if she was a 
customers, she opened her mouth.

"Excuse me. Actually, I got lost. I was in the favela, but I found myself lost in the abandoned district."

"Oh, well, that's unfortunate."

"Yeah. My lack of sense of direction is my only weakness."

"I see......"

"I felt like there was someone here, so I stopped by. I was wondering if you could tell me how to get to the city."

"I see. In that case"

As I was about to explain, Lily appeared from the back with a cup of tea.

"Zenos, customers?"

"No, Looks like she's lo......."

As He was about to answer, the woman in front of him suddenly pointed a gun at him.  

Duar! Duar!

In no time at all, a powerful smoke bomb was fired at Zenos.

"Whoa... Whoaaaa~~~~!"

Lily shouted and took down her tea.

"Zenos, Zenos!

"This girl is an elf, but you are a human. That means you are not father and child. The kidnappers will be captured."

"No, no, no, no, no. Zenos, take Lily and......!"

"Human trafficking not through the Exchange is prohibited. Criminals will be captured."

"That's not what I meant. Zenos saved Lily!

"What ......?

When Lily insisted, Krishna looked at the muzzle of his gun. 

"Oh shit, Am I rushing too much? While my work is reliable, my temper is my only weakness. Sorry, but He won't be waking up for a while."

"You said earlier that your only weakness was your lack of direction. I'm seeing more weaknesses."

"What the hell is......?"

When the smoke clears, Zenos appears, without a scratch on him.

The woman in front of him looked faintly surprised.

"I'm very sorry that I misjudged you. I'm glad you're okay, but why...?"

"I was just using protective magic."

"You've got to be kidding me. There's no way you can defend against my magic gun with a little protective magic."

"No, it was just a simple protection spell."

"What the ......!"

Wha, What's wrong with that? Im not too sure about that because it's my own style.

"Are you serious?"

Krishna's eyes narrowed, and she moved closer.

She stare at him from a distance where he can fell her breathe.

"I'm sure there are no scars at all. What do you mean? I can't believe everything that's happened today."

"I just experienced the same unbelievable event of being shot out of nowhere.......?"

"So, you're a great mage of some renown. You've been practicing only protective magic since you were a child, and now you've mastered it and are living in hiding in an abandoned city?"

"No, but..."

"I will give a nickname "The One Who Worked Hard at Protection." 

"You have no talent for names.!"

"Don't be modest. If not, It can't be explain. You can fool the eyes of others, but you can't fool the eyes of Krishna, the Deputy Commander of the Royal Guard Division."

Zenos made eye contact with Lily.

"The Deputy 
Commander of the Royal Guard Division,......?

"Yes, she is also known as the 'Lady of Stone' for her stony determination to get the job done."

"...... What?

"Yes, I've got an idea. You said you were Zenos-shi. I was wondering if you could help me with my investigation. It would be a great help to have a master like you to assist me. Of course, I'll be sure to thank you."

Krishna said in a very cheerful tone.

Pkhkhukhukhu........

He could hear Carmilla's choked laughter from above.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog