Skip to main content

Dark Healer Chapter 13

Chapter 13 : Bad feeling


The royal capital of the Hazel Kungdom, a large country in the center of the continent known as the "Kingdom of the Sun," is largely divided into four areas. Centered on the royal palace where the royal family resides, there is a special district where the nobility resides, a city district where the citizens rest and relax, and a favela, the further out you go, the lower the class becomes.

In the special district for the nobility, there is an area where state institutions such as the Senate and the Royal Academy of Healing are located, and in one corner of this area, two people facing each other in a strong and majestic building.

"You wanted to see me, Division Commander?"

"I've been waiting for you. Deputy Division Commander, Krishna."

In the back of the room, sitting in his office, was a man with short cropped hair and a rugged face.

In front of him stood a very young woman.

She had long blond hair, blue eyes, platinum armor, and a magic gun holstered on her left and right hips. She was an eye-catching beauty, but her expression was as unchanging as if it had been fixed in plaster.

"Division Commander. What's with the urgent call?"

"Actually, I've heard a few disturbing rumors."

"Rumors...?"

The man nodded subconsciously and stroked his unshaven chin.

"There seems to be something strange going on in the favelas these days."

"What's so strange?"

"For some reason, that the war between demi-human had died down."

The blonde woman who was called Krishna moved her eyebrows faintly.

"You must be kidding me. It was an area where lizardmen, werewolf, and orcs had claimed each other's territory for years, and there had always been skirmishes. It was hard to believe that the conflict had died down."

"I can't believe it either."

The man put both elbows on the desk and intertwined his fingers in front of his face.

"But if thats's true, we can't ignore it. As you know, our Hazel Kingdom has a history of prosperity based on a strict status system centered on royalty."

"Of course I know that.

"The resentment of the citizens is directed at the poor, and the resentment of the poor is directed at each other's enemy race. However, if the powerful people in the favelas were to become monolithic..."

"A possible resentment to the citizens, the nobility, and ultimately the ruling system?"

"That's right. This is also a serious situation for us, the Royal guard Division, who are responsible for the security of Royal Capital."

The Royal Guard Division, which started out as a protection unit for the royal family, gradually grew in size and now rules as the guardian of the royal capital.

Without making the slightest move, Krishna said.

"But, Division Commander. I'm still skeptical. The three races must have had a deep grudge against each other. There is no way they can be reconciled so easily."

"There's a rumor that someone interceded."

"Someone do that......? More and more impossible. Zofia the gale, Linga the tyrant, Lev the stronge-armed. Zofia is a gale, Linga is a tyrant, and Lev is a tough one, all of whom are big names in the underworld. I don't think there can be anyone who can bring those three together."

"I agree with you. That an intermediary is just another piece of uncertain information. But--"

"The depths of the man's eyes filled with a dull light."

"What if the rumors are true? If there is someone with such influence, we can't just leave them there. The Royal Guard Division has to mark him."

"And that's why I'm here?"

"This is a matter of national security, and I cannot leave it to just anyone. I want you, deputy division commander, to handle it."

Krishna slowly saluted, keeping the same expression on her face as when she entered the room.

"Leave it to me. If there is such a person, I will make sure I catch him."

"I'm counting on you. --<Rose - Lady of Stone.>"


+++

*Sneezing sound*

Zenos sneezed in a clinic in an abandoned city.

"Zenoz-dono, do you have a cold? Let Linga warm you with her fur."

"That's my job. My muscles are warmer than you think, and I have breasts."

"Li, Lily has no fur....... No muscles....... No breasts...... either. I'll make you a cup of tea."

"Overprotection."

Zenos, sitting in a chair in the clicic room, said as he looked ahead.

"You're overreacting to a sneeze. I'm in the middle of a treatment, so please be quiet."

In front of Zenos sat Zofia, the Lizardman, and her brother, Zonde.

Both of them had lacerations on their arms.

Zenos held his hand over the two wounds.

A pale white light covered the wound, and the next moment it was cleanly closed.

"I'm always in love with your treatment. I think I'd get hurt just to see it."

"We don't treat injured people with impure motives."

"Fufu.... You're always saying that all you have to do is pay, but you're really serious about that."

Lily distributed tea on a tray to everyone.

"By the way, it's been a while since Zofia-san came as a guest."

"Oh no, Lily. You make it sound like I'm always here when I shouldn't."

"You are not a guest, but you are here..."

When Zenos prodded her, Zofia smiled bewitchingly and stroked her healed arm lovingly.

"Just so you know, this injury wasn't a result of a dispute with Linga or Lev over there. It's just some business stuff."

"Yeah, Zofia was a bandit."

However, the targets of their thievery were unscrupulous merchants and the privileged class who were involved in corrupt businesses.

They are was a kind of bandit who stole wealth from such people and returned it to the poor.

"We're on the radar of the Royal Guard, you know. We had a little scuffle at work yesterday.

"Come to think of it, my sisters and I once injured our arms together, didn't we? Was that also against the Royal Guard Division?"

Her brother, Zonde, had been burned in the arm with fire magic, and the sister, Zofia, had been shot with a poisonous magic gun.

Although they were healed, they were wounds that were rarely seen in the city, so I remember it.

"Ah. That's what that person did to me when I stole into the precinct."

"My arm, too, nee-san. That person just shot me with a flaming magic bullet out of nowhere."

".... That person?"

The Lizardman sibling said with a fed up look on their faces.

"There's a dangerous woman in the Royal Guard Division. She always has a blank expression on her face, and she's always attacking us like crazy."

"I still wake up dreaming that she's chasing me. I'm pretty sure it's the deputy division commander, the one they call , <Rose - Lady of Stone.>"

"<Rose - Lady of Stone.>, huh"

When Zenos repeated that name, Carmilla, sitting on the bed, pulled up the edge of her mouth.

"I can't imagine the trouble I'd be in if I were to catch the attention of such a woman. I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that I'm not the only one who has a problem with this."

"...... Well, Lily the only sane one, right, Carmilla?"

Zenos scratched his head as Lily muttered anxiously to him.

"It's none of my business. I don't think the deputy division commander of the Royal Guards would care about a mere dark healer from a ruined city."

"The Wraith's hunch is correct, though."

"Don't worry about it. Let's get some lunch, Lily."

"Yeah, what do you want to eat Zenos?"

"I'd like a vegetable dish."

"Linga wants fish."

"Are you out of your mind? I think meat is the only choice here."

"I'm not asking you guys, okay?...... I mean, are you going to eat here?"

When I asked them to at least put together a menu, they reluctantly agreed, and after a lottery, decided on fish.

Carmilla floated up, "Well," she said, watching Linga rejoice and Zofia and Lev complain.

"I guess I'll go upstairs and rest. But you may be the only person in the entire Royal Capital that the leader favela likes, Zenos,."

"I feel like I'm herding a fierce beast. I can't have any more troublesome guests."

"This is how Zenos raised the flag unconsciously......"

"Don't just disappear with an ominous narration."

Unbeknownst to him, he was a dark healer who had also been spotted by the Royal Guard Division.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog